How to use the interactive map:
Hold down the left mouse button to pan around.
Use the mouse's scroll wheel (or the +/- buttons on the map) to zoom in or out.
Click on the "Layer List" button (under the map title in upper left) to view what is available and visible.
- Layers can be turned on and off with the checkbox next to the layer name.
- Turning on all layers at once will complicate the map view.
- You can click the dropdown arrow next to the layer to see its legend.
Click on the "Legend" button (in the upper left under the map title) to list the legends for all the visible layers.
Layers with detailed labels will only be visible when zoomed-in, so that the features and labels won't overlap. Example: Address Points are only visible when zoomed in to a single street on the map.
Shapes can be drawn on the map with the "Draw" button in the upper left (paint palette symbol).
Information about an individual feature is available by left clicking once on the feature inside the map.
- The pop-up window will display info for every feature at that location, so if the pop-up header says "1 of 4" you can scroll through information windows for four different features with the arrows on the header.
- To simplify the pop-up results window, zoom-in close to small features and turn off layers you are not using.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Grain Valley's interactive maps, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Information Map (posted 1/11/2023)
This map contains layers for:
- Grain Valley City Limits
- 2022 Aerial Imagery
- Jackson County Parcels
- Snow Routes
- BOA Wards
- FEMA Flood Hazards
- Preferred Land Use