Building and Codes
The Building & Codes Division provides essential building inspection services to our citizens and community. The purpose of the Building & Codes Division is to provide standards to safeguard property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures within the City of Grain Valley. For more information, click here.
- Mike Russell – Building Official
- Jan Selck – Permit Technician
- Ray Draper – Codes Enforcement Officer
- Eddie Saffell - Building Inspector (Part-time)
Local Amendments Made to Building and Electric Code
The Board of Aldermen approved the adoption of the 2018 International Building Codes and the 2017 National Electric Code at the July 26th, 2021 Board of Aldermen meeting, to take effect immediately. To view local amendments made to the codes, click here.
To use the fillable forms below, find and click on the form to download. Fill in and save your filled-in form. Once completed, email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Jackson County Fire Protection District (CJCFPD) Permits*
Fire Sprinkler Permit
Fire Alarm Permit
* No fees for these permits and they may be deferred. They do not have to be submitted at the same time that the Building Permit is. However, they must be submitted to the CJCFPD and approved before a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy is issued.
Commercial Building Permit
Residential Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs, and Spas Permit
Sump Pump Discharge
Map · Grain Valley Community Development
711 Main Street · Grain Valley, MO 64029