Grain Valley City Hall
711 Main Street
Grain Valley, MO 64029
Emergency Dial 911
The mission of the Grain Valley Police Department is to provide effective policing services to all residents, businesses, and visitors of our community. Our goal is to ensure a peaceful quality of life, establish a lasting partnership with our community, and maintain a highly professional, well-trained law enforcement agency.
The Patrol Division is the backbone of the department, providing protection to the citizens, business owners, and visitors of Grain Valley 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Overseen by the Chief of Police, patrol is commanded by four (4) Sergeants and is divided into four (4) separate squads operating on rotating twelve (12) hours shifts.
The Patrol Division's primary job is to serve and protect the community of Grain Valley. The officers respond to various calls for service and assist the public on a daily basis. In addition to the day to day activity, officers also work on special assignments which may include but are not limited to sobriety checkpoints, undercover alcohol buy operations, surveillance details and the serving of search warrants.
The City of Grain Valley accepts applications on an ongoing basis from applicants who are certified as a "Class A" Peace Officer in the State of Missouri. As a Police Officer for the City of Grain Valley you will be required to perform a variety of law enforcement and crime prevention tasks, investigative work, special assignments, and technical and administrative tasks in support of the Police Department.
Police Officer Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid Missouri Drivers License
- 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State and Local laws and ability to interpret them
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete firearms certification
- Skills to resolve situations characterized by conflict and danger
- Successful completion of written and oral examination, background investigation that includes fingerprinting and criminal record check, psychological exam, polygraph or voice analysis test, and physical examination to include drug screening
- $32,843 Annual Starting Salary
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours vacation per month that progressively increases with years of service
- Paid Health, Life and Dental insurance for employees
- LAGERS non-contributory Retirement System
- Educational Assistance
- Sick Leave
- Funeral Leave
- Uniforms that include a firearm