IT’S FIREWORKS SEASON AGAIN!
Although this is an exciting time for everyone, we ask that you please abide by the ordinance set forth in the Municipal Code for the City of Grain Valley regarding the sale and discharge of fireworks both during and out of the season.
The rules and regulations set forth are as follows:
Discharge of Fireworks
Authorized Dates to Discharge Fireworks
- July 3rd, 2012 between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- July 4th, 2012 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- July 5th, 2012 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
THE EXPLOSION OF FIREWORKS AT ANY OTHER TIMES IS UNLAWFUL, EXCEPT BY SPECIAL PERMIT OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
Sale of Fireworks
- Dates of Sale are from June 27th, 2012 through July 5th, 2012
- Sale of Fireworks must end no later than 11:00 p.m. on July 5th, 2012
- Seller must be a Non-For-Profit organization
- Seller must be set up in a specific location authorized and approved by the City of Grain Valley and the Jackson County Fire Protection District
- Seller must have a permit issued by the City of Grain Valley stating the name of the organization and dates of sale, and must be signed by the Mayor and City Clerk
- The following organizations have been given a permit to sell fireworks within the City of Grain Valley during the 2012 season:
Grain Valley Athletic Association: Location at the Corner of 40 Highway & Buckner Tarsney
Grain Valley Band Parents Association: Location at 101 West Jefferson Street
Grain Valley Chamber of Commerce: Location at the Southwest Corner of Buckner Tarsney & Southwest Eagles Parkway
*All rules and regulations pertaining to the sale and discharge of fireworks can be found in Chapter 220 of the Grain Valley Municipal Code